Not long ago I sat down and sketched out an idea about a little hero that sets off to rescue his teammates in space. This is one of the few times that a ‘complete picture’ of a game has been so clear to me and I believe I can argue progress has been a reflection of that.
Baring the ‘new game’ feeling, there is a very clear path for this game over the next many months with a strong schedule and focus on end result. So here is a breakdown of Super Galaxy Boy and what to expect as player:
- Challenging gravity platformer puzzles, hidden worlds and secrets strewn across 80+ levels.
- Mario style level/world progression zones.
- Utility Raygun that not only kills bad guys but alters the physics of the world around you! Approach challenges in your own way!
- Troublesome loot dropping enemies and ridiculous boss fights.
- Humorous NPC interactions and animations.
Super Galaxy Boy is currently in development for PC. I will continue to update this blog (almost) daily with updates on design progression as well as discussions on the various design philosophies behind the game.
If you have any questions or comments, feel free to hit me up on Twitter!